How Do I Get the Competitive Edge with Executive Coaching?
Where can you have the delicate, confidential conversation with someone you can trust? In the office? Never, too risky. At home? Doubt it. The family may love you but they're clueless about what you do and how you do it. The answer just might be with an executive coach like me.
- How can you have a successful executive career, earn more money, get the top assignments, reach my potential, advance within the organization, and deal with some of those workplace issues such as managing staff and your boss, working with colleagues, developing relationships with customers all without spending more time in the office or increasing stress?
- How do you get the competitive edge, advance your career and still have a life???
- How can you get a competitive and professional edge and direction, while developing a career strategy that works for you now and in the future?
- At work how can you select the right people, lead your staff more effectively, and manage internal and external clients all with greater finesse and results?
First, directing your focus to this important part of your life gives you an enormous advantage over your colleagues and the rest of the marketplace. Few, if any, are investing the time and energy in this critical area. Even fewer take action and hire an executive or career coach.
Let me assure you, the challenges you face are the same for many of my executive coaching and career coach clients. They too were asking...
"What skills do I need to take charge of my career
and take it to the next level? And, how do I do it in a way that is effective and efficient?"
For most executives, managers and leaders working with an executive coach or in career coaching is an important first step. I can help you articulate what you really want, define what is working (and what is not), create a career strategy with goals and tools, as well as the steps necessary to achieve your job objectives. I can also assist you in identifying who, or what, prevents you from getting where you want to go. Maybe it's managing people, a lack of confidence, conflicting priorities or possibly you need to make a change. We can explore all of this and more. If a job change needs to happen we can develop a job search career toolkit that would include a resume, cover letter, networking strategy and self-marketing plan. We can set goals and tactics.
So, if you are open to the idea of getting to the next level... why aren't you doing it?
It's not you. Most likely it is the demands of your current workplace and what you say to yourself - the crazy hours, the push for increased productivity, clueless co-workers, mercurial supervisors, revolving management. The politics and the ever-changing company focus demand all of your physical and mental resources. In addition, you have responsibilities at home.
You say, "I can't afford executive coaching, a career coach or career advice right now." I ask,
- How much is at stake if you do nothing or don't ask for help?
- What if you don't get the promotion? or earn fewer bonus dollars?
- What if you stay a managers and never become the leader you are capable of being?
- What happens if you accept the wrong position or change careers?
- What will be the consequences if you fail to keep your top performers or don't achieve goals?
- How much will it cost if you do not have a game plan of managing up and across or don't seek direction on in this important area?
A career strategy has been a low priority for too long.
You have more control than you realize.
Here's what a client has to say:
"Why should you work with executive and career coach Jane Cranston? I have 3 reasons: for yourself, for yourself, for yourself...I recommend Jane because she is professional, experienced, intelligent, insightful, honest, direct, caring and thoughtful. You would be hard pressed to find a better investment in yourself."
Jim Reilly, media sales
(To read all of what Jim had to say and learn from other clients, click here for "Testimonials".)
Make a commitment, take action, invest in yourself and get the expertise and support you deserve.
Are you willing to...
- Commit to making your career strategy a priority?
- Develop the necessary skills?
- Create measurable and time-sensitive job goals?
- Become a skilled people manager and a respected leader?
- Establish targets to increase salary, bonus, and title?
- Partner with and manage your supervisor?
- Create a year-long self-marketing plan?
- Learn to say "no" and when to say "yes"?
If your answer is "yes" then you are ready for coaching, positioned to start the process and able to make the commitment!
Now you will need a guide, a map, a compass as well as a destination and an ETA (estimated time of achievement). That's where our executive coaching partnership begins.
PS: Want to survey how you are doing in your work and personal life? Try my Executive Coach NY Executive Checklist available at the top of this page. It's Free!